Author: Helen

The death of a Mexican teacher is not the first of its kind in Mexico City

The death of a Mexican teacher is not the first of its kind in Mexico City

Teachers and business owner who died of carbon monoxide poisoning at Mexico City Airbnb brought light to those around them, families say

A group of Airbnb hosts and their families gathered on March 16 to mourn the loss of their loved ones after a teacher collapsed from carbon monoxide poisoning at home.

Carlos López Guerrero, 40, had been renting out an apartment in Mexico City for eight months with his wife, children, grandchildren and employees.

“It was the worst pain that I’ve experienced in my life because when I tried to open the door of his apartment, it wouldn’t open,” his wife, Maria Luisa López Arrillaga, said.

“When I went to his apartment, it was all dark,” said his daughter, Yolanda López.

His daughter went to the building’s entrance to see if the door was locked. She recalled finding her father unconscious. She ran in circles around his bed as her mother tried to resuscitate him, her voice hoarse from crying.

López Guerrero appeared to have slipped into a deep sleep, with his eyes open and his mouth partially open, his wife said.

They said his breathing was labored and that it stopped, but his heart still beat. They said he appeared to have stopped breathing shortly after his family found him.

The mother-daughter pair said they didn’t know what to do because they were unable to call for help and they didn’t know exactly what was happening.

Carlos López Guerrero’s family said he was an amazing man who was very helpful with his community and he enjoyed sharing.

“It was a tragic situation,” said Sergio Martinez, a fellow host who owns an Airbnb in a Mexico City neighborhood. “He always had the last word. It was his gift to give back to the community.”

López Guerrero’s death is not the first of its kind in Mexico City.

Last week, a man, identified as Jose Antonio Mejia, 38, collapsed from

Leave a Comment